Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Who needs a girls trip?? I DO




Vegas -Here we come!! For my birthday present Russell let me go on a girls trip with some of my very best friends. Carol, Shaleen and Holli. We also were lucky to be surprised to have Carols son Tony drive down and Stay at the Hilton in Vegas and spend time with us as well. We left Sunday at 7:00am and stopped in Springville at the Cracker Barrel for Breakfast. We then drove through to Saint George and got some lunch and then in to Vegas. We were so lucky because Carol had earned the room for free from using her players card and we stayed at the Venetian. We registered and went to our room. once we got there we got ourselves cleaned up and then headed over to Ceaser's Palace to eat dinner at the Cheese Cake Factory. It was way Yummy! I have never eaten there and heard that it was good. I have to say it was hard to choose what to eat because there was so many things to choose from. After dinner we walked through a few shops on our way back to the room. It was so hot that walking back to the room drained our energy so me, Holli and Shaleen decided to get in our scrubbies and stay in the hotel for the night and watch a movie on tv.

The next morning we got up and went to the Hilton to eat breakfast at the buffet after that we went and got tickets to see the show American Superstars. After getting the tickets Tony was sweet and took Holli, Shaleen and me to the outlet stores to do a little shopping. It was sooo hot 118 degrees $and the outlets are outside so after a few hours we were done and called for Carol to come and get us. We stopped at Micky D's for a little food and then off to the show. It was a show where they had impersonators who sang with their own voices and impersonated Britney Spears, Tim McGraw, Carrie Underwood,Elvis, and Michael Jackson! It was really great I would recommend everyone to see it and if you wait and get tickets the day of the show at a booth on the strip you can get tickets for 1/2 price. We paid $25.00 and face value is $39.95 you can get tickets at this store (by the M&M store) for 50% or more discounted prices to any show in Vegas if you want to go to a show I would wait to get them til you get there. Anyways it was a blast they sang great songs and I was surprised at how much their voices sounded like the real artist. and it was so fun to see Holli when "Michael Jackson" came out. She was screaming and bouncing up and down in her chair and clapping her hands and screaming. I loved it!! Then we went back to our room got showered and changed and back down to the lobby to find some food and then to bed. Then bright and early Tuesday morning we loaded up and hit the road back home.

It was such a fun trip. It was nice to get away and nice to come home. I sure appreciate Russell taking care of the kids while I was gone. I had a lot of fun and I looking forward to doing another girls trip again next year!! Way Way Fun!! Thanks Carol for inviting us to go with you!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sooo Jealous wish I could have gone!

Dave and Sherri said...

Nothing better than a girls trip! I'm so glad you had the chance to go!