Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July

This morning we got up and took the kids to the provo 4th of July parade with my sister Ginny and her kids and my mom. The parade was fun. It was hot but fun. There were a lot of military veterans from WW2 and solders who have just returned from active duty last month. It was nice to be able to show my respect for the freedoms we have because of what they have sacrificed!



After the parade we all went to this really nice park in Provo and had a picnic and let the kids play in one of the water fountains. It was nice for them to be able to cool down after sitting at the hot parade.




Later that night we were invited to Carl's house for fireworks. Each neighbor brought fireworks that were contributed to the pile and they had over $200.00 worth of fireworks. It was fun to sit and watch the show! Thanks Carol for inviting us. It was also fun to see all our friends on the old street and even meet some new ones!





3 comments:

Nicole Jaussi said...

It sounds like you had a fun 4th of July! I can't believe how cute Betty is and that she is one already. It goes way to fast.

Dave and Sherri said...

Are you kidding me??? LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures! You guys have such great friens - I'm so glad you can spend time with them. What a party!

Debra Goodey said...

Oh my goodness, that is the cutest 4th of July dress I have ever seen. I love the bow too.