Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Steel Days

Saturday we took the kids to the Steel Day's celebration and I was so excited that my sister Ginny and her girls came with us! We had a lot of fun we went to the parade. It was fun but very hot and the kids were ready to go and do something else before the parade was over.

After the parade we went to the carnival to use our tickets that we had gotten. The boys went on a few rides and while they were having fun on the rides Russell was mastering the basketball game. After a few throws he figured out how to make the baskets almost every shot!

The cool thing is that you only have to make one shot to win one of their prizes and they are all the big ones and it only cost $5.00 to play. He won Hunter a Hulk doll that is bigger than he is and Easton a big dog that he had picked out which was almost bigger than he is. He also won my nephew Dalton a Spiderman doll that he had picked out. They were excited to get them and I'll tell you trying to get them to the car and push Betty in the stroller was pretty challenging.

Also the other thing that we did while we were at the carnival was to have Grandpa Greene ride the Merri-go-round with Betty. This is a tradition that started with Russell's grandpa and at least with my family will carry down throughout my family and their kids.

The tradition is that Grandpa Greene takes the kids on their very first merry go round ride at the carnival. We were not going to do it this year with Betty because we were worried about how jerky the horses are when they go up and down but then we remembered the seat that you can sit on so we had Grandpa Greene ride with her on her very 1st carnival ride!!

I love this picture of the two of them on the ride. doesn't he look like a proud grandpa?!?!

1 comment:

Ginny Connelly said...

I am so glad that we decided to go to the parade with you. I always have so much fun when we're together. I love you!!!