Thursday, April 23, 2009

Birthday "Surprise"





Today some of my friends and I planned a surprise party for one of our good friends Carol who's birthday was today (Happy Birthday Carol). We were to meet at Shaleen's house at 7:00 and a group of us were going to surprise her with cake and balloons and gift for her. It was my job to make her a cake and a request was put in for my yummy chocolate strawberry cake that I posted in my blog. Anyone that knows me knows that I always seem to be running behind today being no different. I told Shaleen that I wanted to be at her house a little early and well I would have gotten to her home right at 7:00. But I was running and so I put Betty in her car seat and had not strapped her in yet. I then put the cake in the car to the left of the car seat and went back in for Carol's present. I came down the stairs into the garage just in time to see Betty go head first into the cake. I was upset but had to laugh and of course pull out the camera and snap a few pictures. So needless to say by the time I got her all cleaned up it was 7:15 and too late to try to fix the cake so I took it the way that it was and we all ate the edges around where she fell. I wish I was thinking I should have taken a picture of the cake as well. O-well we all got a good laugh out of it!!

5 comments:

Dave and Sherri said...

Okay, those pictures are HILLARIOUS!!! I'm glad you took the few extra minutes to snap a shot. Happy Birthday Carol! :)

Becky Rasmussen said...

That is sooo funny! I'm really glad you appreciated the moment for what it was.

Debra Goodey said...

That's so fun, I'm glad you saw the humor over the mess.

April said...

You are such a good mom! I would have been so stressed out! The pictures definitely add to the story!

Ginny Connelly said...

Well, that just takes the cake right!!! LOL! That is the funniest thing I've ever seen. SO, she got to have her cake and eat it too. hehehehehe!