Saturday, June 28, 2008

Greene's are finally seeing PINK





Betty Faye is FINALLY here!
Mindy, I hope you don't mind that Ginny and I collaborated and figured out how to sign into your blog to do a post :) We're just so excited that your beautiful Betty is here!
Last night at 2 am Mindy started having some pretty heavy contractions. Because of 3 previous trips to the hospital and being turned away, she decided to wait it out. By 4 am things were really bad so Russ insisted she go in. Once she got to the hospital she was dilated to a 6... Too late to try to turn her breach baby Betty... Poor Mindy had to wait for the anesthesiologist to come to the hospital from home since, until her, his services weren't needed. Once he got there and Mindy was all numbed up - Baby Betty was born via Cesarean section at 6:45 am. Mindy said it's a terrible way to have a baby. I guess Betty's feet were wrapped around her head which would have made it impossible to turn her anyway.
Betty came in weighing 5 pounds 11 ounces and is 18 inches long. She has auburn hair, which I have to admit I am super jealous about!!! She is absolutely gorgeous (just like her mother)! She is doing well but the doctors are having her blood sugars checked every 2 hours just to be safe. Mindy is also doing okay. I just can't believe how amazing she looks in her picture!
We are all excited for you! You guys did a great job! All the waiting and heart ache looks like it was worth it.

Love you tons!
xoxo
Sherri
PS- Ginny, thanks for the great pictures!

3 comments:

Debra Goodey said...

Congratulations! She is so beautiful just like I expected her to be. I can hardly wait to meet her in person. Congratulations Again!!!

Trying to be said...

yeah mindy and Russ! she is beautiful! mindy, you do look great! i bet its nice not to be pregnant anymore!! YEAH!! :)

Ty, Nat, and Raymie said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy that both mom and baby are doing great. I can't wait to meet Betty Faye!